Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Table

Ho, everyone who thirsts,come.
You who have no money,come.
Come buy wine and milk
without money, without price.

Eat what is good.
Delight yourselves in rich foods.

On this mountain
He will make for all peoples
a feast of rich food
a feast of well-aged wines.

Come to the Table
Come for the Bread and the Wine
Come for His Body and Blood.

I rose from my seat
unable to resist His invitation
and went

on a sea of aloneness.


THIS is where I will miss Mother the most.
She got me.
She knew this journey, the hunger and thirst to know God, to love Christ and His Church.

It is so obvious to me today that I am alone now. In this, I am alone.

Certainly in my family. It could have been no clearer, no more obvious to me than it was yesterday, when I - alone - grabbed my husband's hand and pulled him with me to the Table.

I, alone, out of five rows of family, went to the Table.

THIS is where the hole is now - I had no friend like my Mother who knew the depth and breath of this journey to know God, to know the Indwelling Christ, and to know and love the Church.

For today, I feel so alone on this vast sea.

Like Pi, I sit in a small boat on this huge sea of aloneness, and there is a tiger in the boat staring at me.

She got me. Mother got ME. And she and I could plumb the depths of the sea together.

For that I am grateful; for that I grieve.

No comments: